a. What is the difference between a producer and a consumer?
b. Give three examples of each: herbivore, carnivore, and omnivore.
c. What are decomposers? What would the environment look like if we had no decomposers?
a. Draw a picture of "photosynthesis."
3. play this game! http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content/animals/kidscorner/games/animaldietgame.htm
4. play this game! http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content/animals/kidscorner/games/foodchaingame.htm
5. play this game! http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content/animals/kidscorner/games/producersconsumersgame.htm
6. play this game! http://www.ecokids.ca/pub/eco_info/topics/frogs/chain_reaction/index.cfm
7.complete each of the foodwebs below: http://www.gould.edu.au/foodwebs/kids_web.htm
|NEW - Marine|
8. complete the meadow, arctic and pond foodwebs: http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/food/food_menu.html
a. Answer the following questions in your notebooks
2. Primary Consumers
3. Secondary Consumers
7. What elements are missing from this food web?
b . In your notebooks, Construct a Food web using the following animals. This ecosystem represents a farm area. The corn is the main source of food for many of the herbivores in the area. You do not have to draw pictures, you can just use the animal names and draw arrows between them.
SNAKE, CORN , CATERPILLAR, DEER, CROW, MOUSE, COUGAR, SQUIRREL, MICROORGANISMS (decomposers)